Sunday, October 27, 2013

It's Blue

Bead Thing

Something very different, but blue.  A keychain made with aqua geads.  Such a unique item could only be found at Bead Thing's shop.  She has many other items, fantastic shopping for the upcoming  holiday season.


Uniglits

My second great artist runs the Uniglits shop at Handmade Artists.  This special artist loves to repurpose items from the past, especially those made from Bakelite.  In this piece, buttons have been stitched to an elastic cord to make a multi-sized bracelet.  I really love her items, and I usually do not care for a lot of the "steampunk" items.

Yankee Burrow Creations

Yankee Burrow features her work on the Craft Star website.  This is one of the most wonderful parts of Handmade Artists Forum, in order to participate in the forum and gain from these associations with other artists, one does not have to have a HA shop.  Debbie regularly supports all Handmade Artists, and she continues to be a leader here.  Here I have chosen another strectch bracelet.  Enjoy, I did.

Brooklyn Bead Goddess

This is a shop that I totally love to browse.  In addition to designing and making her fantastic pieces, she makes the lampwork beads in the shop also.  I do find that blue seems also to  be her favorite color as many of her pieces feature blue.  We love all that she makes, and someday I will ask her about her "Brooklyn" connection as I now she does not live there now.


Colettes Collection

Colette does fantastic wire wrapping.  I really admire her ability to design and make the pieces that she has featured in her shop.  What a great way to celebrate the holidays, give some of Colette's pieces as presents.  This bracelet is made with silver wire and sapphire beads.  What a great piece.

Thunder Rose Leather

Debbie and John from Thunder Rose started their participation in the blog ring this week.  I introduce them in this round of the ring.  They hale from the southwest, and craft many beautiful pieces with leather and beads.  The Thunder Rose shop will also make custom items for you.  All you need to do to acquire one of these great pieces is shop.

I hope everyone has a great time looking at this small presentation.  Please shop Handmade Artists for all you holiday gift giving.

6 comments:

  1. Love your choices, John! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading your posts featuring different artists. Love the selection ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John,
    Thank you for including my lampwork glass bead bracelet in your post today. Your kindness is appreciated.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post John! Thanks so much for including our beaded leather bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful feature. I love how we all choose different items to feature from these shops. what a great community.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices John, great post and thanks for using my lovely little key chain.

    ReplyDelete