Monday, November 26, 2012

Handmade Artist -- Brooklyn Bead Goddess



Hello and welcome ~ My name is April. I am a glass bead maker and jewelry designer. Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York gives me the style and flair unique to my jewelry. I've always been intrigued with glass. When I was young I remember seeing glass artists along the Coney Island boardwalk. I loved seeing the sparkling delicate sculptures they made. Today I am pleased to create my own glass beads and incorporate them in my jewelry designing. I use a technique called "lampworking" to make my glass beads.


I copied April's own description of her history.  I can also remember seeing the folk at Coney Island, but I was only visiting a friend who lived in Brooklyn.  Lampworking is a skill I have seen demonstrated many times, but one which I do not see myself being able to master, so lampworkers are in my awe.  After creating her own beads, April has put together many very beautiful pieces.

These four are a small sample of her work.  More can be found at the Handmade Artist's Shop -- Brooklyn Bead Goddess.  Her art will make great gifts.  While you are looking at her shop, please look around the many other venues at Handmade Artists.
 

11 comments:

  1. In awe is a good way to put it John. I am also in awe of Beading Goddess work. Her work makes this look so easy, NOT. She is a true artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am in awe of her bead making skills. great post John

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely items, and like you, I am in awe of artists that can work with glass...
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post John! I've been wanting to try my hand at lampwork bead making for at least 3 years - It looks like such fun to do, especially when looking at these lovely colorful creations April makes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lampworking is a very special art form. I think April has mastered the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that bright colorful necklace is awesome! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice post John. I love all those beautiful beads. A very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing! Always amazed by lampwork artists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, John. And I agree, I am in awe of those lampworking skills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her pieces really are something else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. John, thank you for the lovely post and sweet words.

    ReplyDelete