Monday, July 9, 2012

Cari Bakers Crocheted Art




Cari Baker has a shop called CrochetHooked where she sells many different items, but my favorite are her branded "Braidlets."  She learned to crochet several years, and has expanded her expertise since then.  Supported with a wink and a grin by her husband, John, she continues to make fantastic art.  My granddaughter received one of the Braidlets for her high school graduation this year.  So one of Cari's creations will be on display at the University of Florida next year.  Cari has many internet venues including Pinterest, Website, and Handmade Artists.  She has created an instruction manual on how to make your own Braidlet.










Look and enjoy her art, she is exceptionally talented.

8 comments:

  1. Great post John! Cari is a wonderful artist and a really kind hearted person. She always makes me feel very welcome and accepted. She is always helping where she can. What a wonderful person!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice write up John, I love Cari's braidlets, and agree with Debbie, Cari is a very kind hearted person. John, your granddaughter was a very lucky girl this year! You don't spoil her do you? Anybody who gets a 4 yr scholarship deserves to be a little spoiled! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you John, I am a lucky person to have such wonderful and talented friends (Debbie and Kris too and all at HAF) in my life! I am pleased your Grand Daughter likes the Braidlet… she will make an awesome walking billboard for me! lol Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super post, Jon! Cari is indeed a super sweet person and I so enjoy talking with her. Her creations are so gorgeous. I know your grandaughter just loves her Braidlet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, nice post,I too admire Cari's Braidlet's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feature for Cari! I really love her Braidlets too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I happened upon Cari's work via her blog a while back which led me to handmade artists forum. I enjoy her work and am amazed at her crochet talent. I want to learn to make those.

    ReplyDelete