Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fire Agate Necklace

About a year ago, I bought a fire agate cabochon from a fellow artisan lapidary.  Last evening, I had an inspiration when I looked at the stone again.  I saw how to put it together with Sterling and Fine silver to make the pendant for a necklace.  Single stones seem destined to make necklaces or rings.

Using sheet Sterling Silver, I pierced out the shape of the stone and drilled a small hole in the center of the shape (used to pop the stone out while fitting).  Taking the fine silver bezel wire, I soldered the wire to the back of the pendant and set the stone in the serrated edge that I made with a triangular file.  Before setting the stone, the bail was soldered to the back.  All this made a very unique and beautiful necklace:

Necklace,Pendant,Fire Agate,Sterling Silver,Cabochon,Artisan,Handcrafted,Unique,One of a Kind

2 comments:

  1. Nice piece!And you have a really cool blog look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy, I enjoyed reading your introduction and appreciate your welcome to the blog ring.

    ReplyDelete