Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dahlish Knits

I belong to an internet group -- Handmade Artists Forum (HAF) -- that features a variety of different artists in multiple media.  This weeks feature artist is Dahlish.  She is from North Dakota and knits various pieces of wearable art.  On the internet, she sells her pieces on ETSY.  On her personal blog, she describes her unique inspiration for her very usable pieces.

I find her art quite interesting, as she states frequently that she is "winging" it when she makes the piece. The "Checkerboard" above would fit me as I am a chess player and this would be perfect to express one of my passions.  When I retired, I received a very beautiful handcrafted inlaid wood chess board as my retirement present.  To illustrate the wearable feature of her art:
 As you can see very wearable, also you can see the unique style that she has when knitting (an art that I find completely undoable).  In fact, knitting makes me feel like the next piece:
 Well, that is my impression of the artist Dahlish.  I will also forgive her for the shellacking that the University of North Dakota gave my college hockey team this year in the NCAA playoffs.  

10 comments:

  1. Great article about Dahlish! Love your blog and am now following it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I guess I am figuring things out. Even an old dog can learn some new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post about Gina! She really is an inspiration for me to learn to knit better.
    Gotta love hockey fans too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there John! Joe here (of Mollie and Joe). So happy to meet you and follow your blog. I've seen Dahlish's work on Etsy and share your admiration for her work. And for anyone who can knit, which I learned to do as a child but gave up when my competitive older sister bested me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina's great, and this is a great post! Fellow hockey fan here, though I stick to the NHL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a great Artist I love those slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all for the kind comments. I also live for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. But my teams have already been beaten (Red Wings and Flyers) so I just hope to see a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe thanks for the great post! It's funny because I started as SCSU and my in laws occasionally give me grief because they graduated from UND! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post! Nice to have a guy's point of view once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Fabulous to see 'fresh blood' on HAF :)

    ReplyDelete